The Indian Cultural Society is a non-profit organization.
The specific and primary purposes of the Society are charitable and educational meeting the requirements for exemption provided by Section 23701d of the California Revenue and Taxation Code and Section 50l(c)(3) of the Internal” Revenue Code of 1986, namely, to:
- To play a leadership role in unifying a vastly diversified Indian Community;
- Preserve and promote India’s rich cultural heritage;
- Organize multicultural events to educate our children about long held values and traditions of the Indian culture;
- Organize welfare and wellness programs for senior citizens;
- Organize lectures and work-shops on a wide variety of subjects, such as stress management, yoga and meditation classes; and
- To do any act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing objectives or in advancement thereof as is permitted under the California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law.